Coquilles St Jacques
|Margarine||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Minced shallot||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Bay scallops||12 Ounce|
|Enriched all purpose flour||3 3⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 3/4 Teaspoon)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain bread crumbs||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Heat the margarine in a 9-inch skillet till it is bubbly.
3) Add the shallot and sautÃ© for some time.
4) Add the lemon juice and mushrooms.
5) Over high heat, cook the mixture till most of the liquid has evaporated. This usually takes about 3 minutes of cooking.
6) Add the wine and continue to cook, occasionally stirring, for about 3 minutes.
7) Add the scallops and cook for another 5 minutes, till they are soft.
8) Sprinkle with the flour and quickly stir to dissolve.
9) Add the parsley, milk, salt and pepper.
10) Bring the heat down and continue to cook, constantly stirring, till the mixture has thickened.
11) Into 4 scallop shells or two 1 Â½ or 2 cup au-gratin dishes, put the mixture, dividing evenly.
12) Sprinkle each portion with first an equal amount of crumbs and then the cheese.
13) Bake in preheated oven till the top has turned brown in color. This usually takes about 10 minutes of baking.
14) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 796 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191.4 mg63.8%
Sodium 1385.8 mg57.7%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 91 g182.9%
Vitamin A 76.3% Vitamin C 82%
Calcium 72.8% Iron 78.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet