Classic Green Peas Continental
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh peas/2 cups (from 1 1/2 pound bag) frozen peas||2 Pound, shelled for 2 cups|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Shell the peas, if fresh ones are being used.
2) In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter or margarine with garlic.
3) To the pan, add mustard, peas, salt and water.
4) Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until peas are tender, while stirring continuously.
5) Remove the garlic from peas.
6) In a heated serving dish, spoon the peas and garnish with pine nuts.