Simple Coquilles Saint Jacques Using White Vermouth
|Bay scallops||1 Pound|
|White vermouth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||4 , thinly sliced|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
1.In a ceramic or small glass casserole, add water, vermouth, tarragon and parsely to the scallops.
2. Bring the casserole to a high fkame, and cook covered for 2 minuites.
3.Drain the scallops using s strain.Reserve
4. In another small bowl, heat 2 tablespoons of butter.
5. Add mushrooms to the butter in the bowl and cook for 2 minuites.
6. Add the flour, reserved liquid and egg yokes and whipping cream to the mushrooms and mix well.
7. Mix the above mushroom sauce to the scallops.
8. Place the scallops in the sauce into the scallop shells or ramekins. Keep aside or refrigerate.
9. When ready to serve, re-heat in a micro-wave oven for 2 minutes ( on re-heat setting)
10. Once heated, sprinkly cheese and tiny dollops of butter on the scallops.
11.Place under the preheated broiler of a conventional oven for 3 minutes, until the cheese is lightly browned.
12. Serve scallops cold or warm for dinner with a glass of wine white.