|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Flour||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Mushroom ketchup||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Trim off fat round the kidneys. Cut kidneys in halves and snip away any core.
2) In a fry pan, add butter to heat. Place the kidneys to the hot butter and fry quickly for 3-4 minutes to brown, reduce heat and cook slowly for further 3-4 minutes.
3) In a basin whisk together the cream, flour, Worcestershire sauce, mushroom ketchup, sherry and seasoning.
4) Stir in the mixture to the kidneys.
5) Blend well and bring the sauce to the boil.
6) Toast the bread and butter on one side.
7) Spoon the kidneys on the toast to serve. Garnish with watercress.