Angels On Horseback
|Lemons juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Bacon rashers||12 , rinds removed|
|Wholewheat bread slice||4|
|Butter/Sunflower oil||60 Milliliter|
1. Sprinkle each oyster with a few drops of lemon juice, a little cayenne and black pepper.
2. Wind a rasher of bacon around each oyster and secure with a cocktail stick.
3. If you are making small Angels on horseback, quarter each slice of bread to make 12 squares, and trim off the crusts.
4. In the butter or oil fry the bread on both sides, or, if preferred, toast.
5. Under a very hot grill place the wrapped oysters and let it cook just long enough to crisp the bacon, turning as necessary so that all sides are cooked.
6. Too much cooking will make the oysters hard and tough.
7. Place the bacon-wrapped oysters on the fried bread or toast, 3 on each whole slice or 1 on each quarter.
8. Serve immediately.