Lancashire Hot Pot
|Lamb shoulder chops||2 Pound|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Minced ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Undiluted canned consomme||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 300°F before baking.
2) Remove the skin of kidneys, potatoes, and onions and cut them.
3) Take a casserole and place a layer of chops in the bottom of it.
4) In the casserole, arrange the vegetables and kidney half with half of the mushrooms and ham and season with salt and pepper.
5) Place another layer of chops and add in remaining vegetable, kidney, and ham mixture.
6) Add in consomme and apply butter.
7) Cover the casserole with lid and bake for 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.
8) Remove the lid of casserole and bake for 15 minutes in a hot oven (400°F).
9) If desired, thicken gravy and serve with the casserole.