Classic Continental Chocolate Squares
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed graham crackers||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Custard powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
|Liqueur||1 Tablespoon (Rum Or Brandy)|
|Chocolate squares||6 Ounce (6 Squares)|
1) Melt the butter or margarine and mix well with sugar and cocoa to make the base.
2) Take off from the heat and add egg, vanilla, biscuit (cracker) crumbs, coconut and walnuts to this mixture and mix well.
3) Layer this on a greased baking sheet about 7x9 inches (17 1/2 x 22 1/2 cm.).
4) Allow to chill till it is set.
5) Stir in the sugar, custard powder, water and liqueur with the melted butter or margarine to prepare the topping.
6) Blend well till it is smooth and creamy.
7) Layer this over the base and allow to chill till it is set.
8) Top with melted chocolate and again chill until set.
9) Allow the chilled chocolates to come to room temperature twenty to 30 minutes before serving.
10) Cut the chocolates in squares of 1 inch (2 1/2- cm.) with a wet knife.
11) Serve with coffee.