Chard & Cheese Stuffed Cucumbers
|Green pepper||1 Small|
|Swiss chard stalks||3|
|Mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Flaked almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Fresh mint sprigs||5|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Butter||1 1⁄4 Ounce (30 Gram)|
1. Peel the cucumbers, cut off the ends, and halve lengthways. Scoop out the seeds and discard.
2. Prepare the vegetables: wash the chard and fennel; wash the pepper and discard the seeds. Cut the vegetables into pieces and steam them for 20 minutes (10 minutes if using a pressure cooker).
3. Melt 20 g (3/4 oz) butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Brown the chard, fennel and green pepper for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat. Add the remaining butter to the frying pan and sprinkle in the almonds. Fry gently until they are beginning to brown. Then add the finely chopped mint leaves. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
4. On chopping board roughly chop the contents of the frying pan. Meanwhile, bring to the boil a large saucepan of water, and add 2 pinches of coarse salt.
5. Blanch the cucumbers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
6. Stuff each cucumber with the vegetable mixture. Press the stuffing down and leave to cool. Arrange the cucumbers on a serving dish. Surround with the remaining stuffing and pour over the lemon juice. Garnish with strips of mozzarella.