Coquilles St Jacques
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Shallot||1 , chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||3 Drop|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine chicken stock, wine, bay leaf, parsley, thyme, peppercorns and fennel; bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
2. Add scallops and simmer 10 minutes. Remove scallops to a bowl. Strain stock and reduce over high heat to one cup.
3. Saute sliced mushrooms and shallots in butter until tender. Remove mushrooms and shallots to bowl with scallops. Stir in reduced stock and 3/4 cup cream. Heat just to boiling.
4. Beat egg yolk into remaining cream and add to sauce. Bring up to a boil and remove from heat. Add lemon extract and adjust seasoning.
5. Drain scallop/mushroom mixture and fold in half of the cream sauce.
6. Butter 4 scallop shells or ramekins and place a tablespoon of sauce in each. Divide scallop mixture equally between the 4 dishes and top with remaining sauce. Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes. Serve at once.