Quick Huevos Rancheros
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|6 inch corn tortillas||4|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Chopped parsley/Cilantro||1 Tablespoon (Garnish)|
1. In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, stir together oil, green pepper, onion and chili powder. Cover with lid; microwave on high 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once during cooking.
2. Stir in soup and water. Cover; microwave on high 5 minutes or until edges are hot and bubbling, stirring once during cooking.
3. Gently break each egg, sliding onto soup mixture and arranging around edge of casserole. With toothpick, pierce each yolk. Cover; microwave at 50% power 4 minutes or until eggs are almost set, rotating dish once during cooking. Let stand, covered, 2 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, wrap stack of tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave on high 30 seconds or until warm.
5. Spoon 1 egg and some sauce onto each tortilla. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese over each egg. Garnish with parsley.