Simple Coquilles Saint Jacques
|Bay scallops||1⁄2 Pound|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemons juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram leaves||4 , crushed|
|White wine||6 Tablespoon|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash scallops and remove any shell particles; drain.
2 In a deep 1 1/2 quart non-metallic casserole place the 1 tablespoon butter and the onion.
3. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 (1 1/4) minute or until onion is tender.
4. Add scallops, lemon juice, salt, marjoram paprika and wine. Stir to combine.
5 Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 3 (4) minutes.
6. Add mushrooms and heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 1 (1 1/4) minute or until scallops are tender. Do not overcook scallops as they will become tough.
7. Drain liquid, reserve and set scallops and liquid aside.
8. Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter in a small heat-resistant non-metallic bowl in Microwave Oven 30 (40) seconds.
9. Blend in flour.
10. Gradually stir in reserved scallop liquid and cream.
11. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 (2 1/2) minutes or until thickened and smooth.
12. Stir in parsley.
13. Combine reserved scallop mixture and sauce.
Spoon mixture into 4 serving shells or small non-metallic ramekins.
14. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 (4) minutes.
15. If browning is desired, place under broiler of a conventional oven several minutes or until lightly browned.