Fresh Orange Compote
|Oranges||5 (depending on the size)|
|Barbados sugar||1⁄2 Pound (225 grams)|
|Water||1 Pint (570 milliliter)|
|Lemons||2 , juiced|
1. Wash the oranges.
2. Remove all white pith from the oranges and cut into 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) slices.
3. In a large shallow dish, arrange orange slices.
4. Strain the lemon juice.
4. Add the grated rind of two oranges to the sugar and water.
5. Boil it gently without stirring, until the syrup is thick.
6. Add the lemon juice.
7. In the shallow dish, pour hot syrup over the arranged orange slices.
8. Keep them aside in the refrigerator or a cool place until required.
9. Serve Fresh Orange Compote with orange slices.