Cinnamon Peach Blueberry Compote
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Peel and pit the peaches then slice into pieces.
2) In a medium saucepan, whisk the orange juice and cornstarch together.
3) Stir in the honey, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
4) Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened.
5) Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and peaches.
6) Return to heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the peaches are tender.
7) In a large bowl, transfer the peach-orange juice mixture, fold in the blueberries, and refrigerate until chilled.
8) Serve the chilled Cinnamon Peach Blueberry Compote on dessert plates.
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.91 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.6 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 50.1 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 59%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet