Dried Fruit Compote
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Jigs||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Seedless raisins||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Dried apple rings||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Water||3⁄4 Pint (450 milliliter)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Walnut pieces||2 Ounce (50 gram, for finish)|
|Blanched almonds||2 Ounce (50 gram, for finish)|
|Soured cream/Natural yogurt||2 Tablespoon (for finish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 325°F or Gas Mark 3.
2) In a casserole dish, combine the fruit, water and wine together.
3) Cook in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
4) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. cool, transfer to a freezer friendly container, seal, label and freeze.
5) Stir in walnuts and serve the Dried Fruit Compote along with soured cream or natural yogurt.
6) If using the frozen dish, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours and serve as indicated in step 5.