Apple Citrus Compote
|Apples||4 , cored and sliced|
|Oranges||4 , sliced crosswise|
|Artificial sweetener||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Whole cloves||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a skillet, heat together water, sweetener, lemon, cloves and cinnamon.
2) Let the mixture boil.
3) Put the fruits in and simmer for 8 minutes until tender but firm.
4) Remove from the heat and discard the whole spices,
5) Portion the mixture in 8 small serving bowls.
6) Cool and refrigerate until chilled.
7) Serve chilled on its own garnished with mint sprig or accompanied with desired dessert.