Maple Walnut Fruit Compote
|Apple juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (preferably no sugar added)|
|Maple syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Granny smith apple||1⁄4 Pound, cored, diced (Bartlett pear)|
|Bartlett pear||5 Ounce, cored, diced (Bartlett pear)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Ounce, chopped|
|Frozen dairy whipped topping||2 Tablespoon, thawed|
1. In microwave proof casserole mix together the apple juice, syrup, lemon juice, and cornstarch; stir to dissolve the cornstarch.
2. Add apple and pear and stir to mix well.
3. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on High (100%) for 4 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn halfway through cooking.
4. Arrange 2 dessert dishes and spoon half of the fruit mixture.
5. To serve, top each with half of the walnuts and whipped topping.