Maple Walnut Fruit Compote
|Apple juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (preferably no sugar added)|
|Maple syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Granny smith apple||1⁄4 Pound, cored, diced (Bartlett pear)|
|Bartlett pear||5 Ounce, cored, diced (Bartlett pear)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Ounce, chopped|
|Frozen dairy whipped topping||2 Tablespoon, thawed|
1. In microwave proof casserole mix together the apple juice, syrup, lemon juice, and cornstarch; stir to dissolve the cornstarch.
2. Add apple and pear and stir to mix well.
3. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on High (100%) for 4 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn halfway through cooking.
4. Arrange 2 dessert dishes and spoon half of the fruit mixture.
5. To serve, top each with half of the walnuts and whipped topping.
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet