Pear And Strawberry Compote
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , quartered|
|Pears||8 , peeled, halved and cored (Not So Ripe)|
|Strawberries||2 Pint, rinsed, hulled and drained|
1) In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, stir the sugar in water and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
2) Stir in the cinnamon, cloves, and lemon pieces, then simmer covered for 30 minutes.
3) Stir in the pears and gently simmer in the poaching syrup until tender.
4) Allow the pears to cool in the syrup.
5) In a bowl, thoroughly combine the strawberries, cooled pears and 2 cups poaching syrup.
6) Cover the compote and refrigerate until chilled.
7) Spoon into serving dishes with some poaching syrup and serve.