Steaks Diane with Red Onion Compote
|Red onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|For the red onion compote|
|Red onions||2 , thinly sliced, rinsed in cold water and drained|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sauvignon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cabernet sauvignon wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||1|
|Mignon||4 Pound, pounded|
|For the steaks|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Mignon steaks||24 Ounce, pounded lightly with a meat pounder, meat mallet, or rolling pin to a thickness of about 3/4 inch (4 Fillets Of 6 Ounce Each)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
1. Season the steaks with the salt and pepper, and rub evenly with the mustard.
2. In a saucepan, put together onions, honey, vinegar, wine, and rosemary and cook over low heat for 30 minutes until thickened and syrupy.
3. Remove and discard the rosemary.
4. Season with salt and let cool to room temperature.
5. In a heavy saute pan or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter.
6. Place the steaks in the butter and sear over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare or 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium.
7. Remove the steaks from the pan and keep warm.
8. To the same pan, stir in the shallots and saute over medium heat for 1 minute.
9. Add brandy to deglaze pan; carefully ignite, shake the pan, and turn the heat to medium-low.
10. Stir in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter until thoroughly incorporated.
11. Stir in the chives and adjust seasonings to taste
12. On each warm serving plate, center steak and spoon sauce to cover.
13. Spoon onion compote alongside the steak and serve immediately.
Calories 1863 Calories from Fat 1180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g202.1%
Saturated Fat 56.2 g280.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 461.4 mg153.8%
Sodium 642.7 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 127 g254.8%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 43.8%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 54.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet