Peachy Fruit Compote
|Peaches||8 Ounce, drained|
|Canned peaches||8 Ounce, reserving 2 tablespoons syrup and sliced (1 Can)|
|Apricot||8 Ounce, drained|
|Canned apricot halves||8 Ounce, drained (Reserving 2 Tablespoons Syrup, 1 Can)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled, cored and cut into cubes|
1. In a 2-quart microwave proof casserole dish combine all the ingredients and stir lightly until ingredients are thoroughly blended.
2. Cover the dish with a glass lid or with plastic wrap and place in the microwave
3. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
4. Let stand for 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
5. Serve compote warm or chilled at breakfast or as a side dish.