Cranberry And Apple Compote
|Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking apples||6 , sliced (Peeled, Cored)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Port wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a bowl or in a measuring jar, combine the sugar, wine and water.
2. Stir until the sugar almost dissolves.
3. Wash and pick over cranberries.
4. In a 2 quart slow-cooker or crock pot, add the cranberries and apples.
5. Pour the wine syrup over the fruits and stir to mix.
6. Place lid over the pot.
7. Cook cranberries on HIGH for about 3 hours or if you have ample of time in hand, cook on LOW for about 6 hours until the fruits are soft yet not mushy and the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
8. Spoon the compote into individual dessert bowls
9. Serve the compote warm or cold and top with sour cream if you like.
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.28 g0.43%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.4 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 49.7 g
Protein 0.47 g0.94%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet