Lemon Spice Compote
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Tea bags||2 (Preferably Darjeeling)|
|Dried peaches||12 Ounce, halved|
|Dried black mission figs||8 Ounce, halved|
|Dried cherries||8 Ounce|
|Fresh ginger slices||2 (1/4-Inch Thick)|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄4 Inch (2 Slices)|
|2 inch long lemon rind strip||2|
|Lemon rind strips||2 (2 Inches Long)|
1) Put water in a 3-quart saucepan and bring it to a boil.
2) Take the pan off the heat and add the tea bags. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
3) Take out the tea bags, pressing so as to extract the water.
4) Add the figs, peaches, cherries, lemon rind, ginger and cinnamon stick.
5) Bring the ingredients to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Gently simmer, stirring occasionally, till the ingredients are all tender.
6) Serve chilled or warm after removing the ginger, cinnamon stick and lemon rind.