|Ripe peaches||6 Large (Fresh)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Rum/Peach brandy||2 Tablespoon|
1) Blanch and peel the peaches, then halve and pit them.
2) Combine the corn syrup, orange juice, and almond extract, then bring to a boil.
3) Poach the peaches in batches in this gently simmering liquid until the peaches are just tender.
4) Then drain the peaches and place them in a bowl.
5) Boil the syrup to thicken, stir in the honey, then pour over the peaches and refrigerate.
6) Add the rum or peach brandy and serve immediately.
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.7 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.2 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 2% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet