|Ripe peaches||6 Large (Fresh)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Rum/Peach brandy||2 Tablespoon|
1) Blanch and peel the peaches, then halve and pit them.
2) Combine the corn syrup, orange juice, and almond extract, then bring to a boil.
3) Poach the peaches in batches in this gently simmering liquid until the peaches are just tender.
4) Then drain the peaches and place them in a bowl.
5) Boil the syrup to thicken, stir in the honey, then pour over the peaches and refrigerate.
6) Add the rum or peach brandy and serve immediately.