Fresh Pear Compote
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Mix the water, sugar and vanilla bean together, allow to boil, then cook covered for 5 minutes.
2) Meanwhile peel, halve and core the pears, then place in cold water.
3) Add pear halves into syrup and cook over low heat, turn the pears once and spoon the syrup frequently over the pears.
4) Cook for 5-15 minutes until the pears are just tender and allow to cool into the syrup.
5) Serve in a nice plate with the whipped cream, if desired.