Summer Fruit Compote
|Blackcurrants||4 Ounce (Mixed With Redcurrants, 125 Gram)|
|Red currants||4 Ounce (Mixed With Blackcurrants, 125 Gram)|
|Liquid honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Pure orange juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||8 Ounce, quartered (250 Gram)|
|Grand marnier||2 Tablespoon|
1. Place the blackcurrants and redcurrants, honey and orange juice in a pan, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, until softened.
2. Strain the fruit and place in a bowl. Return the syrup to the pan.
3. Blend the arrowroot with a little water until smooth, then stir into the syrup. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened and clear.
4. Pour over the currants, add the strawberries and Grand Marnier, mix together gently and leave to cool.
5. Turn into a glass serving bowl and chill until required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.3%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.54%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.8 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.6%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 692.3%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet