Pomegranate Apple Fruit Compote
|Pom apple compote|
|Pomegranate juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean||1 Small|
|Cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried, pitted|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Apples||2 Pound, peeled and sliced|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon french toast|
|Low fat milk/Plain soymilk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||3 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Challah bread||8 Small (cinnamon swirl)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
FOR POMEGRANATE APPLE COMPOTE
1. Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.
2. In a small sauce pan, bring pomegranate juice to simmer.
3. Add sliced vanilla bean and dried cherries to pomegranate juice. Let it rest until cherries are plump.
4. Scrape vanilla beans out of the pod and add them back into the compote; discard the remaining pod.
5. In a skillet, melt butter and add sliced apples. Cook till soft.
6. Add maple syrup to the apples with pomegranate juice with cherries. Simmer until juice is reduced.
7. Serve with cinnamon French toast.
FOR CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST
1. Remove pomegranate seeds and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine egg, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. On a dish, place bread slices and pour egg mixture over it.
4. In a skillet, melt butter and cook the bread slices until golden brown.
5. Top the cinnamon French toast with the warm pomegranate apple compote.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh pomegranate arils.