Chef Akasha Richmond of Akasha Restaurant, Culver City, Calif will demonstrate how to prepare Pomegranate Compote using pomegranate and apple. This recipe is best paired with Cinnamon French toast, so along with Pomegranate Compote recipe she will show how to make cinnamon french toast. Make use of fresh pomegranate and vanilla beans for best results.
Pom apple compote
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried, pitted
2 Pound, peeled and sliced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Cinnamon french toast
Low fat milk/Plain soymilk
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground
1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated
8 Small (cinnamon swirl)
FOR POMEGRANATE APPLE COMPOTE
1. Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.
2. In a small sauce pan, bring pomegranate juice to simmer.
3. Add sliced vanilla bean and dried cherries to pomegranate juice. Let it rest until cherries are plump.
4. Scrape vanilla beans out of the pod and add them back into the compote; discard the remaining pod.
5. In a skillet, melt butter and add sliced apples. Cook till soft.
6. Add maple syrup to the apples with pomegranate juice with cherries. Simmer until juice is reduced.
7. Serve with cinnamon French toast.
FOR CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST
1. Remove pomegranate seeds and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine egg, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. On a dish, place bread slices and pour egg mixture over it.
4. In a skillet, melt butter and cook the bread slices until golden brown.
5. Top the cinnamon French toast with the warm pomegranate apple compote.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh pomegranate arils.
If desserts make you drool, be ready for another such moment as we are bringing to you the pomegranate apple fruit compote. Fresh and flavorful, this compote is prepared by pomegranate juice, apples, vanilla bean and other ingredients. Top it on cinnamon bread or take the bites as it is; you are surely gonna love it!