Spiced Pumpkin Latte
|For the pumpkin spice syrup|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Small|
|Fresh ginger slices||1 Medium|
|Canned pumpkin puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the latte|
|Strong coffee||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Put the nutmeg in the coffee filter, tie the filter with a twine.
2. Slice the ginger, set aside.
3. In a pot combine ginger, nutmeg pouch, clove and cinnamon stick.
4. Pour water, cover it with a lid and bring the water to a boil.
5. Once it reaches to a boil add the pumpkin puree, stir and combine until smooth.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Pour the milk in a container and microwave it for 1 minute.
8. Once done remove and blend using an emulsion blender to make the milk frothy.
9. Pour the coffee in the milk.
10. Once the syrup is ready, remove all the spices and add the sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved over low heat.
11. Pour the coffee in a coffee mug and add 1 ½ tablespoon of the syrup in a coffee cup.
12. Stir and dissolve the syrup.
13. Serve the spiced pumpkin latte with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle nutmeg.
The syrup can be stored in a mason jar for 2-3 weeks.
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.6%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg1.4%
Sodium 19.4 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.73 g2.9%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 3 g5%
Vitamin A 24.2% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet