Chocolate Almond Coffee
|Whole colombian coffee beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
1. In a bowl add coffee beans, cocoa, and nutmeg. Toss well.
2. Put mixture in coffee grinder container and process to medium grind.
3. Follow manufacturer's instructions to assemble drip coffee maker.
4. Layer a paper filter or filter basket with almonds.
5. Top with ground coffee mixture.
6. Add almond extract over coffee mixture.
7. Pour water to coffee maker and brew.
8. Serve immediately with cream and sugar to taste.
Calories 53 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 19.3 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet