Ginger Coffee Cookies
|Flour||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs), sieved|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dark molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (for dusting and rolling)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour with rest of the dry ingredients. Sieve together and keep aside.
3. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, place shortening and cream well.
5. Add sugar and beat well till mixture is light.
6. Add vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well.
7. Add coffee, molasses and sieved flour. Mix well. Cling wrap and refrigerate.
8. Place dough on a dusted surface and roll into ¼ inch thickness.
9. Using a 2 inch diameter round cookie cutter, shape cookies and place on baking tray.
10. Bake in pre heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till done.
11. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 144 no-€™s.
12. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.