Coffee Flavored Nutty Pulau
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon stick||3 Inch|
|Mixed dried fruit||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Basmati rice/Converted long-grain white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Coffee||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), strongly brewed|
1) In a bowl, combine raisins, walnuts and pecans.
2) In a heavy medium saucepan, add oil and heat over moderately high heat.
3) SautÃ© cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, 1/2 cup of the nuts and raisins and 1/2 cup of the dried fruits in hot oil for 15 seconds, until the nuts are lightly browned.
4) Stir in the rice and pour in the coffee. Add 1 1/2 cups of hot water.
5) Bring the rice to a boil.
6) Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
7) Garnish the rice with remaining 1/4 cup nut mixture and dried fruits just before serving.