Coffee Water Ice
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Instant coffee granules||8 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peppermint extract||To Taste|
1) Take granulated sugar for this dish.
1) In a saucepan, put granulated sugar and vanilla sugar.
2) Stir until sugar has completely dissolved, then bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
3) Skim the top if necessary.
4) Add the coffee granules and remove pan from heat.
5) Allow the mixture to cool completely.
6) In a freezer tray put the strained coffee mixture.
7) Place the tray in freezer or freezing compartment of refrigerator and leave for about 1 hour or until the mixture forms a granular mass.
8) Do not stir.
9) In a bowl whip cream till just holding soft peaks, then add a few drops of peppermint extract, if using, to taste.
10) With a fork scrape out contents of freezer tray and divide ice between chilled serving glasses.
11) Top each glass with peppermint-flavored cream and serve with cookies.
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.9 mg27.6%
Sodium 20.3 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 57.1 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 4.8% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet