Cocoa Coffee Mousse
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa||4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Instant coffee||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (1 Sachet, 15 Gram)|
|Double cream||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Flaked almonds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a clean grease free bowl, combine yolks, castor sugar and vanilla essence. Lightly beat until the sugar has dissolves.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, blend cocoa and coffee with hot milk.
3. Pour in the remaining milk and stir to blend with the cocoa –coffee mixture.
4. Place saucepan on low flame and bring milk to a boil.
5. Take pan off the flame and let the milk cool for a few minutes.
Add a little hot milk into the egg-yolk mixture and pour back into pan of milk.
Return the pan to the flame and simmer stirring continuously until thickened.
6. Remove from heat and pour custard back into the bowl.
Measure 3 tablespoons of hot water into a cup and add gelatin to it. Stir a little to dissolve and leave for 5 minutes to soften.
Stir softened gelatin into custard until dissolved. Allow the custard to cool completely to room temperature.
7. In a grease free basin, use a whisk to whip the cream until double in volume. Keep 2 tablespoons aside until later for decoration.
In a clean dry, grease-free bowl, add egg whites and whisk t soft peaks.
8. Using a spatula, carefully fold the cream and egg-whites into the cooled chocolate custard.
9. Pour the mixture into a large fluted mould or into individual jelly molds.
10. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to set,
11. To unmould the mousse, dip the moulds it into a bowl of luke warm water and turn on to a dessert plate. Tap sharply to turn mousse out.
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.5 mg24.8%
Sodium 44.9 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.8%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.5% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet