|Soybeans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soaking liquid||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Water)|
|Cooking water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Honey/Maple syrup / light molasses||To Taste|
|Milk/Soy milk||To Taste|
1) In a bowl, add water to soak beans for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
2) In an un-oiled baking sheet, spread the soaked beans after draining the excess water.
3) Set your oven at 350° and place the baking sheet inside oven.
4) Roast for 2.5 hours until the beans turn dark brown. You may need to stir the beans occasionally.
5) In a grain grinder or high capacity blender, grind the roasted beans.
6) In a saucepan, boil 4.5 cups of water and add the ground roasted soybeans. Reduce heat ans simmer the mixture for 20-30 minutes.
7) Strain the mixture in coffee cups, drizzle with honey, light molasses or maple syrup and add milk or soymilk to enjoy your soy coffee.
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.02 mg0.01%
Sodium 6.5 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet