Raw Dairy-free Chai Latte
|For the chai latte:|
|Almond milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|For the sweet treat:|
|Crackers||1 Medium (flax cracker)|
|Almond butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Raw cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened coconut flakes||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a cup pour some water and keep it in the microwave to warm. This is only to warm the cup.
2. For the Chai Latte: For the In the blender blend the almond milk for 2 minutes so that it becomes nice and warm.
3. Add the ground cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and maple syrup and blend for 1 minute.
4. For the sweet treat: In a small bowl combine the almond butter, honey and the raw cocoa powder and mix them well.
5. Spread the almond paste on the flax cracker and sprinkle some unsweetened coconut on top.
6. Serve the Chai Latte along with the sweet treat.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 887 Calories from Fat 443
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g80.8%
Saturated Fat 28.1 g140.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 193.5 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51.2%
Sugars 74.2 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet