Iced Hazelnut Zabagliones
|Blanched hazelnuts||100 Gram, toasted|
|Double cream||14 Fluid Ounce (400 Milliliter)|
|Golden caster sugar||3 Ounce (85 Gram, Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Golden caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet marsala||5 Tablespoon|
|For the coffee marsala sauce|
|Chocolate hazelnut spread||4 Tablespoon|
|Sweet marsala||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant coffee||2 Teaspoon, dissolved in 2 tbsp boiling water|
|Boiling water||2 Teaspoon (For Dissolving Instant Coffee)|
1. Put the Marsala sauce ingredients into a small pan, bring to the boil, whisking, then let cool completely.
2. Whizz all but 1 tbsp of the nuts in a small food processor until fine. Very roughly chop the rest, then set aside. Softly whip the cream with 1 tbsp sugar. Put the rest of the sugar into a pan, add 100ml water, then slowly heat until the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat, boil for 1 min, then take off the heat.
3. Line six individual pudding basins or ramekins with cling film. Put the egg yolks and Marsala into a large bowl over a pan of hot water, then whisk until it starts to thicken. Keep beaters running and trickle syrup into the mix. Beat for about 5 mins until mix is thick and holds a trail. Take off the heat, then whisk until cooled. Add the cream, whisk again, then fold in ground nuts with a metal spoon.
4. Ripple half the sauce through the mix, spoon into the moulds, then fold the cling film over. Freeze for at least 4 hrs or overnight to set.
5. Turn onto plates, then let ices soften for 10 mins. Scatter over the chopped nuts, then pour a little sauce over.