|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Pitted olives||1 Cup (16 tbs) (ripe or green)|
|Wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Rub pepper on both sides of fish and roll it over flour.
2. Take a large frying pan and heat some olive oil or salad oil in it and brown the fish quickly.
3. Take a deep glass dish and arrange the browned fish in a symmetrical pattern.
4. Stir in peppercorns, onions, olives, bay leaves, salt and vinegar to the oil left in the pan.
5. Simmer for about 3 minutes and spoon it over the fish.
6. Cover the dish and refrigerate the fish for atleast a day before serving.
7. Serve the pickled cod after garnishing with lemon quarters or lime quarters, tomato wedges and parsley. Team the cod with mayonnaise.