Baccala Mantecato - Creamy Cod
|Cod fillets||500 Gram, salted|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
1. Take a bowl of water and add cods to it and allow it to soften for two days. Change the water atleast twice or thrice a day.
2. When the cod has achieved desired level of softness and saltiness, then boil it in water for about half an hour.
3. Drain the cods and flake them in a bowl.
4. Spoon a fine stream of oil all over the cod flakes and crush them continuously using wooden spoon and spatula until they become creamy.
5. Season it with little salt and pepper and chopped garlic.
6. Serve the creamy cod with squares of fried bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4838 Calories from Fat 4451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 503 g774.5%
Saturated Fat 65.7 g328.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 215 mg71.7%
Sodium 270.9 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.11 g0.42%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 89 g178.8%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet