Cod, Spinach And Cheese Flan
|Flour||6 Ounce (Basic Short Crust Dough)|
|Onion||1 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Frozen cod fillets||8 Ounce, poached, skinned and flaked|
|Frozen chopped spinach||8 Ounce, thawed|
|Gouda cheese||3 Ounce, grated|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Gouda cheese slice||4|
1) Roll out the dough.
2) Using the rolled dough sheet line a 8 inch flan ring and set on a baking sheet.
3) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
4) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
5) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onion, until soft.
6) In a bowl, fold together sautÃ©ed onions, cod, spinach, grated cheese, cream, egg, nutmeg and season to taste.
7) Spoon the fish mixture into the pastry case (pie shell).
8) Bake in an oven for 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
9) Place the cheese slices over the top.
10) Place under the broiler and broil until the cheese melts.
11) Cool on a wire rack, then remove flan ring.
12) Allow to cool over a wire rack, to remove the flan ring.
13) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the flan until firm.
14) Wrap the flan in foil and pack in freezer bag.
15) Seal, label and return to freezer.
16) Serve hot with small mixed salad.
17) If using the frozen flan, take off the wrapping and place the flan on a baking sheet.
18) Reheat from frozen in a preheated moderately hot oven for 30 minutes or until well heated.
19) Serve as mentioned in step 16.