Steve and Julie's Cape Cod Scallops and Pasta
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea scallops||1 Pound, rinsed and dried, attached muscle removed and discarded|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cored, seeded and diced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pasta cooking water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plum tomatoes||6 , diced|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, unsalted|
|Basil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), snipped|
1) In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the fettuccine until tender.
2) In a Dutch oven, sear the scallops on both sides in the olive oil over a high heat until golden. Remove and keep aside.
3) Saute the garlic on a low heat, stirring constantly, until soft.
4) Stir in the red bell pepper, stir continuously and saute for 3 minutes.
5) Add the wine and cook on a high heat for 1 minute. Then stir in the pasta water, tomatoes and butter.
6) Return the scallops into the pan with its juices and cook the scallops for about 2 minutes until they are just done.
7) Lower the heat, stir in the basil and cook the sauce for another 1 minute. Season with the salt and pepper.
8) Drain the fettuccine and add into the sauce. Toss well and heat thoroughly for 1 minute.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.