Creamed Cod Casserole
|Codfish||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mashed potato||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Soak cod in cold water. Let stand overnight.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
3) Take the cod and simmer until the water begins to look milky. Drain.
4) Take a pan and melt butter in it. Add flour, pepper and salt.
5) Stir in milk and cook until mixture becomes thick, stirring constantly.
6) Remove from heat and add cod.
7) Take a 1 1/2 quart casserole and line with half the potatoes. Add the cod mixture.
8) Add remaining potatoes on top.
9) Brush the potatoes with beaten egg.
10) Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown in color.
11) Remove from oven and serve hot in the same dish.