Breaded Cod Fillets
|Cod fillets||2 Pound|
|Dry bread crumbs/1/2 cup - packaged seasoned coating mix for fish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash and rinse the fillets in cold water, season with salt and pepper, pat dry and cut into cube sized pieces.
2. In pie plate, beat egg with a fork until mixed.
3. On waxed paper, mix crumbs with any flavorings that you want. .
4. Dip fish in egg, to moisten both sides; then dip in crumbs, to coat well.
5. In large skillet, heat butter until it sizzles. Add fish pieces in a single layer. Sauté over medium heat until underside is golden-brown. This will take about 5 minutes per piece.
6. Turn with spatula; sauté 5 minutes longer, to brown other side and until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove to heated serving platter.
7. Garnish with parsley and wedges of lemon and serve with Tartar Sauce.