Cod With Ginger Grapefruit
|Grapefruit juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cod/Halibut / orange roughy fillets||1 Pound|
|Tomato||1 , sliced|
|Grapefruit||1 , segmented|
1) Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
2) Spray a baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
3) In a bowl combine grapefruit juice, orange juice, ginger root, orange peel, green onion, garlic and sesame oil.
4) Arrange the cod fillets into the baking dish.
5) Spread the mixture evenly over the cod.
6) Coat both sides of cod by turning into the mixture.
7) Cover with a lid and place into refrigerator for 20 minutes.
8) Remove cover and top cod with tomato slices and grapefruit segments.
9) Spoon sauce over tomatoes.
10) Place inside oven to bake for about 10 minutes until the fish flakes.
11) Serve warm by garnishing with fresh parsley, if you wish.