Cod with Fennel and Cardamom
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cardamom pods||1 Tablespoon|
|Cod fillets||24 Ounce (4 Thick Fillets Of 175 Gram Or 6 Ounces Each)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5. Place the garlic in a small bowl with the lemon rind, juice and olive oil and stir well.
2. Cover and leave to infuse for at least 30 minutes. Stir well before using.
3. Trim the fennel bulb, thinly slice and place in a bowl.
4. Place the cardamom pods in a pestle and mortar and lightly pound to crack the pods.
5. Alternatively place in a polythene bag and pound gently with a rolling pin. Add the crushed cardamom to the fennel slices.
6. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place on to 4 separate 20.5 x 20.5 cm /8 x 8 inch parchment paper squares.
7. Spoon the fennel mixture over the fish and drizzle with the infused oil.
8. Place the parcels on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until cooked. Serve immediately in the paper parcels.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 828 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 292.6 mg97.5%
Sodium 882 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.7%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 126 g252.8%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 102.4%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 38.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet