Cod With Tomatoes And Peppers
|Cod fillet/Haddock fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound, skinned (700 g)|
|Onions||2 Medium, skinned and chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Vegetable oil||45 Milliliter (3 tbsp)|
|Flour||30 Milliliter (2 level tbsp)|
|Fish stock/Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (5 ml)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (397 g, 1 can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Chopped fresh parsley||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
1. Cut the fish into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes and then set it aside.
2. Place the onion, pepper and vegetable oil in a large ovenproof casserole and mix well. Cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 5 -7 minutes until softened.
3. Stir in the flour and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the stock, tomato puree and tomatoes and microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes until boiling and thickened, stirring every minute.
4. Add the bay leaf, garlic and fish, three-quarters cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 8-9 minutes until the fish is coooked, stirring occasionally.
5. Season well with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1430 Calories from Fat 468
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.5%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 293.8 mg97.9%
Sodium 1118.9 mg46.6%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.3%
Sugars 21.6 g
Protein 141 g281.3%
Vitamin A 124.4% Vitamin C 394.7%
Calcium 42.1% Iron 72%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet