Khaman Pattice ( Potato Balls Stuffed With Freshly Grated Coconut )
|Chopped green chilies||1 Tablespoon|
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Charoli||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Mash the potatoes with a little fine salt, make into a round ball and set aside.
2. Grind the ginger, green chillies and black pepper and place in a bowl. Add the grated coconut, coriander, raisins, charoli and the lime juice and sugar. Mix well. Add salt to taste.
3. Divide the mashed potato into even sized balls. Oil your palms and flatten the potato in your palm into a circle. Fill it with the khaman mixture and shape it into a pattice.
4. Roll the pattice into the bread crumbs. Beat the eggs and set a kadhai half filled with oil to heat.
5. When the oil is hot, dip the pattice into the beaten eggs and fry in very small batches of four to five, till golden brown.