1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. Crack open the coconut. Drain the water and set aside.
3. Use a knife to scrape and separate the coconut from the shell.
4. In a large sauce pan, heat the fresh coconut, coconut water, evaporated milk and sugar.
5. On medium heat, add the corn starch and vanilla and keep stirring until it thickens. It takes about 5 minutes to do it.
6. Remove from heat and cool.
7. In a glass pie dish, place the pie crust and press the sides in.
8. Pour in the fresh coconut filling.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
10.Take out and allow it cool down completely.
11.Spoon in the cool whip over the top of the pie.