1. Crack open the coconut using the back of a heavy cleaver of simply use a hammer
2. Drain the watery liquid into a class, filter, chill and enjoy a nice fresh refreshing coconut drink later
3. Separate the Coconut meat from the shell, don't worry about the brown skin but remove any woody bits
4. Rinse off the chunks of Coconut flesh in fresh water.
5. Drop them into a blender and blend until finely grated to a powder.
6. Now add warm fresh water to about the same level as the powder
7. Blend for 3 minutes
8. Drain the resulting Coconut sludge through a muslin cloth/cheese cloth (or even a silk stocking if you feel so inclined)
9. There you have it, the freshest coconut milk you'll ever taste
10. Fresh Coconut milk will keep in the fridge for 2 days tops. If you want to have the very best results for Thai curries the freshest coconut milk is hard to beat. In fact any Thai recipe that calls for Coconut milk will benefit.
In this coconut milk recipe learn how to make Fresh Coconut Milk at home, and if you've never tried fresh homemade Coconut Milk before you're about to learn something incredible. Many people think that, the best way to make coconut milk is to boil grated coconut in dairy milk. The recipe for coconut milk provided below will answer your question 'what is coconut milk? Coconut milk has been used in food for many decades; delicious dishes including sweet desserts are made using coconut milk. Traditional Thai f