Lemon Coconut Squares
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sieved|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), or flaked|
|Finely chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly juiced|
1. Pre heat an oven at 137.5 C (275 F).
2. Grease a 13 inch x 9 inch baking pan. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine butter, sugar and flour. Mix well and transfer on to greased pan.
4. Press gently and spread uniformly.
5. Bake in pre heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
6. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the ingredients required for filling and mix well.
7. Spread uniformly on baked base and bake at 175 C (350 F) for 20 more minutes or till done.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside.
9. Spread with frosting when warm, cut into 2 inch squares and serve in a platter. Makes 24 no-€™s.