|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweetened condensed milk milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Pound|
1. In a heavy saucepan, add sugar, molasses, condensed milk, syrup, salt and water; mix well.
2. Over medium heat, cook stirring regularly, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (234°).
3. Put in shortening; mix until melted.
Stir in coconut.
4. Transfer mixture into a buttered 15- X 10- X 1-inch jellyroll pan; cool to touch.
5. Using your hands, shape into 1 1/4-inch tall cones; chill 3 to 4 hours.
6. Use right away or store in an airtight container in refrigerator.