Coconut Fruit Drops
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sieved icing sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Refined flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond flavoring||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped candied fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate chips||6 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Required)|
1. Preheat an oven to 175C (350F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Sieve and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine butter and sugar and using a wooden spoon beat till well combined.
4. Add vanilla extract and almond flavour and mix.
5. Add remaining ingredients, apart from chocolate and mix well.
6. Shape into small balls or place using spoon on a baking tray, ensuring you keep 2 inch distance between each.
7. Bake in pre heated oven for 20 minutes, or till pale golden brown in colour.
8. Remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
9. Keep water for boiling.
10. Place chocolate chips in a bowl and place over hot water/ double boiler. Ensure water doesn-€™t come in any contact with chocolate.
11. Once it melts half way through, remove from hot water and mix well till chocolate is smooth.
12. Dip cookie bottoms in chocolate and keep to set (ensure that bottom side is up while setting).
13. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
14. Serve with assortment of other cookies.