Pear And Coconut Crisp
|Pineapple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pineapple preserves/Apricot preserve||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rum extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Bosc pears||4 Cup (64 tbs), cored and thinly sliced (Use Firm Ones)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Flaked coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped walnuts/Almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine/Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Lightly grease an 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
2. Heat a saucepan, nicely blend together pineapple juice, pineapple preserves, rum extract and cornstarch.
3. Add pear slices and cook over moderate heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly and allow to cool.
4. Pour this mixture into the baking dish and allow to rest.
5. In a bowl, mix together oats, flaked coconut, brown sugar, melted butter and chopped nuts. Sprinkle this mix over the pear mixture in the baking dish.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 250 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes until crisp.
7. Serve hot.